Saturday 7 August 2010

trip to france


Just got back from a family holiday in France. We stayed in a wonderfully quirky old house in a small town called Senonches, which is in the Eure-et-Loire region. We were visiting my sisters, partners parents for one week, i'll add some pictures of the house later.

Yesterday morning we went to the weekly market that runs through the town's main street.

There was stall after stall of vegetables, fruit, cured meats, cheeses, flowers and honey to name a few. I wanted to bring a lot more home, but I did manage to buy a few things on the trip.

This haberdashery stall was over flowing with ribbons, buttons, lace and beads.


I bought a selection of these embroidered fabric hems. Not sure what I will do with them yet, but they were so pretty.


We bought some things from the market to eat on the journey home on the Eurostar.



I brought back some other bits and pieces too. I love these packet designs




I always bring back a Paris Vogue

We also went to a bric-a-brac shop and found a flour jar to add to my collection and a little glass salt and pepper pinch pot.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun, give everyone a hug from me please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all had a great time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete