Thursday 9 December 2010

winter inspiration

Thanks to everyone who made it to the Christmas Show last weekend.
I had great fun setting up my stall with my vintage treasures, which helped to show off my bags, purses and corsages.
I'm taking a bit of time to find inspiration before I start on any new designs.
I love this part of my work as my ideas can come from a variety of objects and places.
like the worn colours of this china doll, which belonged to my great aunt Lilly...

... looking through textile articles and clippings I've saved ...


.....the swirling, twisting pattern of winter branches...

...or the design on a vintage tea set.....

7 comments:

  1. Hi Vicky,

    The Christmas stall sounds fun, hope it went well. I like the china doll too, it reminds me that I wear Aunty Lilly's watch every day.

    She was a real character huh.

    I am goinmg to type up a Christmas update and email it to Janice probably this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bags are truly beautiful, Victoria!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely note. By the way... I love Oxford! ;)
    Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tea set is too lovely! I get inspiration from things like that as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for your lovely comments

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a lovely blog !
    Love from the Netherlands ♥RINI♥

    ReplyDelete