Monday 8 April 2013

bits & pieces

stamps & buttons bits & pieces

I've been working on a series of small collage pictures using my vintage stash of postcards, letters, lace, trims, buttons and beads. I'm really enjoying making them, creating a little story with these bits and pieces. I'm just finishing this one off by adding a few more beads.
 
I'm planning to frame them up in white washed wooden frames.
 
I bought some purple Viola flowers today, so I'm hoping the weather will stay nice so I can plant them in pots for the living room window sill.

Thanks for all your kind comments about my work, they're always lovely to read. x

10 comments:

  1. That truly is a gorgeous selection of bits and pieces and I look forward to seeing the finished version in its' whitewashed frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little collage - so pretty and so much to look at and think about.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh pretty pretty! I bet you have the most amazing stash of vintage bits and pieces. The collage is a fab idea - I bet it will look gorgeous in a white washed frame. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. white washed frames will be ideal! I just love all your bits & pieces!

    we just planted peach colored spring mums {luscious} and our bleeding hearts are starting to flower .. glorious day .. but no sunshine yet ....... oh well .. april showers may flowers........ ♦

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea, I'm a big fan of vintage haberdashery, what a great way to use it! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous - I want to do a collage now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty and intricate! I wish I had the patience to create something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your collage looks lovely! Happy evening,

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like you are having lots of fun with those beautiful findings

    ReplyDelete