Sunday 15 September 2013

vintage haberdashery

special delivery lovely lace

I was so excited to receive this parcel of crochet and lace motifs that I ordered from The Linen Garden.  I've got a feeling it won't be the last either, as there are so many beautiful things to buy in Vicky's haberdashery shop.
I'm starting work on some new pieces tomorrow using these lovely bits.

I've also been working on a beaded lace brooch, with a step by step guide on how to make it, which will be featured in a new sewing magazine in November. I was really pleased with the finished brooch, so I hope you like it too.


autumn flowers

I couldn't resist this piece of floral fabric, I love the autumnal colours. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to make with it yet, maybe a laundry bag or a cushion for this little chair?

lovely lace

lovely lace autumn flowers

9 comments:

  1. They are all so beautiful and I love the packaging. Looking forward to seeing your brooch in a magazine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely purchases you have made, the packaging is gorgeous as well as the vintage haberdashery. Look forward to seeing what you make with them. Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo fabulous fabric •• I'd opt for a cushion and a patch piece for a bag .. having cake and eating it too kind of thing! :o)

    thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks fabulous - can't wait to see what you make! Congrats on the magazine feature - how exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The crochet and lace pieces are beautiful. I love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone...I've been really busy, I can't wait to get sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so lovely, the colors are delicious.
    Can't wait to see the pretty things you make...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know if it's just me, but I am really fascinated with vintage haberdashery patterns for the designs are quite unique in a way which is perfect fr my style. The floral fabric is beautiful as well as the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. just seen your lovely post - thank you so much lovely lady and glad you love your treasures from the garden of the linen sort. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete