Wednesday 1 January 2014

a new year ..

home home

Happy New Year! I hope you all enjoyed yourselves...
Yesterday I spent the day cleaning the house from top to bottom. There is something satisfying about starting the new year with everything looking fresh and clean. We had friends over for the evening and I lit tea lights around the fire place and we drank wine and ate lots of yummy food before heading to the local pub to see the new year in.

  presentspresents

I absolutely love this necklace and earrings from the vamoose, There are so many beautiful pieces on the website it took me ages to decide on these ones. The stone on the necklace is a pink opal which is my birthstone, so I felt it was made for me..I already have my eye on a few other earrings.

  new years day

Another beautiful thing is this Kinfolk Table Recipe Book which I'm reading from cover to cover. I have only just discovered The Kinfolk Magazines and have bought a few online. I find them so inspiring and all the photos are so simple but lovely.

Well here's to a wonderful new year ahead. It's been great sharing my 2013 with you all. Thank you xx

new years day new years day

14 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Vicki! Sounds like you had a lovely evening.

    The photos of your things are dreamy. You have so many pretties. Total Vamoose love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year ... wishing you a wonderful one ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year lovely! Loving all the displays in your house and those lovely cushions! Lots of cleaning going on here too - and lots of sorting - nothing like a good new year clear out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am completely in love with the painting on your mantelpiece, so lovely!

    Happy New Year! I also spent an entire morning cleaning up - it feels good to have a shiny flat, even if it only lasts all of five minutes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The painting is by a London artist, Pauline Vincent. I love her work

      Delete
  5. Happy and creative new year to you. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kinfolk is such a lovely magazine...we have a bunch floating around the house and I gave my daughter kinfolk table for Christmas as well....enjoy my friend and may the new year bring you nothing but Joy and oodles of blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year!
    Your new jewelry is so pretty!
    All the best for a very creative 2014
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. NICE!
    Did you make the colorful ART Piece? I love it!

    Please look at my ART Blog:
    www.suemarrazzo.blogspot.com
    THX!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That necklace is lush! Hope your 2014 is good too. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. there is something might wonderful about a fresh start! Wishing you a most lovely new year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got kinfolk for Christmas stunning just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone! Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy (belated) New Year to you as well! I'm looking to another lovely year of Found and Sewn ...

    Beata xox

    ReplyDelete