Saturday 18 August 2012

pale and interesting


I'm still on my quest for inspiration, sometimes I can feel the pressure just to make a finished item, but I think it's important to keep in touch with what inspires you.

I was given this lace pleated collar a while ago with the matching cuffs, it's obviously been cut of a dress at some point. It's a lovely mink colour with handmade lace and pretty stitched pleats.


I've been watching one of my favourite films 'Bright Star' about the poet John Keats, it's a film full of beautiful images, dreamy textures and colours, that's so inspiring.


Looking through all my art books is always a great source of inspiration too. I love the details of the 'Primavera' by Botticelli, my favourite is Flora the goddess of flowers and spring clad with garlands of flowers.
 
 

Enjoy your sunday!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful collar and that is my Mum's favourite painting - she has it in the living room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous collar, I can't wait to see what you do with it, your in xspirations are lovely, hope they gave you some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post this is. Such pretty images and the lace you received looks gorgeous.

    The film is new to me, but it sounds interesting. I will see if I can find the trailer on google.

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ♦ Beautiful!
    I love pleats. Wouldn't it be wonderful to see the rest of the dress?
    Happy inspiring!
    I am always inspired after watching Out of Africa and Howards End ... I would love to have the wardrobes!!!!

    ReplyDelete