Tuesday 12 March 2013

in the city

liberty florist liberty london
liberty florist

When we went to London for the day last week it was just like spring,clear blue sky and warm sunshine.
It seems like ages ago now, especially as it's sooooo cold today!
I can never visit London without a trip to Liberty. I love their little florist shop which is full of Hydrangeas, Roses and Hyacinths. As usual I spent ages in their haberdashery deciding on which Liberty fabric to buy, but went for this one in the end.
 
As the weather was so lovely we walked (for miles) over to Covent Garden then on to Bankside, the Thames looked beautiful as it sparkled in the sunshine, everybody was out and about listening to buskers on the riverside.
 
The final stop was Alex Monroe's jewellery shop in Snowsfields which was very inspiring, everything was beautifully displayed in vintage glass domes and cabinets alongside old pictures and china. I loved it all.  

bankside london bankside london

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning. What a happy post - sounds like you had a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely weather to visit London. That is a gorgeous flower shop! I love the fabric you have chosen. I always like to have a wander around Libertys it has such gorgeous things and it is such a fantastic building. jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good day and the beautiful flowers! So you want to spring! Especially here, in the snowy Russia ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little poesy's are adorable. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. A dream of a day..... Sigh oh sigh....lovely.........

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've found your blog! What stunning pictures - sounds like a fabulous day and well worth the aching feet :) So lovely to meet up yesterday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe! Have a lovely time in London today too. I'm looking forward to meeting up again soon x

      Delete
  7. You look lovely on the photograph! Those little bouquets on your photograph are stunning. The glass jar and the ribbon just finish it off perfectly.

    Happy weekend,

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madelief. I love the glass jam jars too x

      Delete
  8. Have a lovely weekend! Thanks for all your kind comments x

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh yes I would like to go to Libertys and buy some fabric! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photographs. I was recently at Covent gardens and camden lock. We had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never visited their flower shop, but I definitely should! From your photos, it looks divine!
    Thanks for sharing this beauty.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello sweet Victoria! Oh, those flowers are stunning!!! I can only imagine how delightful they were in person! I certainly hope you treated yourself to a bunch! Your time in London sounds beautiful and fun! I am so happy for you sweetie! I love the fabric you chose and all of the lovely photos you shared! You are gorgeous sweet friend! Much love, Paula xo

    ReplyDelete