Tuesday 26 August 2014

into the country

Untitled Untitled

I'm sat in my living room writing this post with a mug of peppermint tea, I can hear the rain on the window pains and I'm wondering if this is the end of the summer. It's been feeling very autumnal here recently. So it's even nicer looking back at these very summery photos of a weekend away last month. We were staying in a rambling old farmhouse near Ludlow. It's one of my favourite places to get away to...I love the countryside, so being surrounded by green fields, roses, willow trees, veg patches, old farm buildings and the sound of summer birds singing away..I'm one very happy girl.

 Untitled Untitled

My boyfriend Pete, looking quite at home by the veg patch

Untitled Untitled

One of the things I love about going way is waking up and having a relaxed breakfast, all made for you, instead of rushing to try and catch my bus to work...

Untitled Untitled Untitled

Look at this amazing weeping willow tree, so beautiful, I felt like I was in a Tim Walker photoshoot!

Untitled

Untitled Untitled Untitled

This was the room we were staying in, full of freshly cut flowers from the garden, vintage books, cosy blankets and pretty wallpaper. The bathroom even had a roll top bath, which was so nice to have a soak in after a long walk through the coutryside. 

  Untitled

7 comments:

  1. It looks like the perfect place to escape to and your photos are so pretty, especially the country interior shots. I especially love the last shot of Ludlow, my Grandparents lived there, so I have lots of happy memories of the place. I think I can even see their old house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natasha. Ludlow is such a lovely place to visit x

      Delete
  2. I could use a spot of peppermint tea about now :) I love your dishes! Your sunflowers are gorgeous .. I think every garden needs sunflowers.
    Looks like you've had a very enjoyable summer.. don't you just love this time of year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa. I wish this was my garden, the sunflowers were beautiful!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful place! Your photos are just gorgeous! Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how very lovely what a sweet place to stay.
    You look like you were in a Tim Walker photoshoot.
    Happy September to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks and sounds beautiful - I love getting away from it all too :) I think summer has returned for a final hurrah this week? :)

    ReplyDelete