Wednesday 6 August 2014

summer bunting

Untitled

I've been in my sewing room, making lengths of spotty bunting for a garden party we are having for my grandparents. It's their 70th wedding anniversary and to celebrate we have arranged a vintage tea party for them. 
My mum and I have quite a selection of pretty vintage teacups, plates, teapots and handmade tablecloths which we are planning to use on the day.
If you have visited my artweeks open studio, you will know what I mean..

Untitled

I love looking through old black and white family photos and I found this tinted photo of them both on their wedding day back in 1944. My Grampy Fred looks very dapper and my Nanny Winnie looks so happy! Such a lovely photo. 

Untitled

Well, I still have more bunting to make before the party, so I had better get sewing...you can never have too much bunting!

Untitled

Untitled Untitled

6 comments:

  1. How nice to see a couple who have been together for all those years, and still happy. The vintage tea party sounds like a splendid idea, and what beautiful bunting to set the tone. I hope they have a lovely day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photograph, and bunting, I hope you have a wonderful party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A vintage tea party sounds like a marvellous idea - have a fabulous party! And happy sewing - one can indeed never have too much bunting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you all have a lovely time - 70 years is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your grandparents 70th wedding anniversary! Wishing you lots of fun preparing for the party. The bunting looks lovely!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for your lovely comments...We all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete