Sunday 14 August 2011

vintage fashion


 I've been sorting through my books and found one called 'Vintage Fashion' which I must have forgotten about. I'm pleased that I've found it again, It's such a great source of inspiration, it looks at key designers, silhouettes, prints, fabrics and decoration in fashion from the 1900's to the 1980's. I love the original fashion photography of the time, espicially the 1930's and 40's.



Just reading about some of the decorative elements is so inspiring...'pleated lace collars, silk sashes, sparkling buttons and satin ribbons...' 

I feel a trip to the V&A coming on ...


The bits of lace and buttons were given to me recently, some of the lace is handmade and still on their original cards.



3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love finding notions still on the cards... the packaging can be art in itself! I found some snaps from the 60s with the most adorable Kewpie Doll art ... fun!

    ... and don't you just love the era when ladies were ladies... the details on the dresses are so exquisite ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you could still buy dresses like the ones on your photo. They look so stylish! Does the V&A museum have a costume section? I didn't know! I will definitely visit when in London!!

    Happy new week,

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soooo looking for some Vintage dresses..your images are so pretty. Happy new week to you.

    ReplyDelete